 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3001
Re: I guess its official....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:54:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
I will probably submit an initial layout proposal this weekend.
I might end up just deciding to pull an Iain, and come to the event with
some "rolling stock", or just a couple of items (like Richard did).

I really wanna bring my Chapel.
Which is chalk-full-of heapin’ helpin’ new additions and details…
(That were intended for the 1st ISCC, but I'll likely postpone until next
year when I can guarantee a top 3 finish. *This year I'd only place in the
top five.)

But, I don’t know if Calum wants it…cause its not on a module.
And I don’t know how much free space has been alotted for the layout…
Question: do we even have a layout for this years T3 maped out???

It might be interesting....I am sure no one is stopping you, and there
might be someone willing to share space.... or you could always quickly
build one, based on specs on RTL's page on Train Specs.

I am sure there is a space in your schedule now before classes resume.
There should be some time available that can be set aside apart from the
holiday celebrating, the lego building, and bathing (see Lugnet.Castle)... :)
to construct one or two.....

I plan on bringing my church, which has been altered slightly. (my mom
finally got around to painting the windows, so now they are "stained")
I plan on bringing my city hall (if it gets finished), and the village
if I manage to order the 10 guarded inns.....

plus some of the other usual stuff.....like I said, I'll have to sit down
this weekend and come up with a layout proposal.  It will be interesting to
see some of the stuff the others come up with.

Send me some pics (Richard), and show me some of the tentative items you are
bringing...I just want to see if I can integrate them with what I am going
to do.....

it might make a neat display....a "time warp tunnel" that separates
classic town (a la Saraville) to a midieval type town (a la Fort Richard???)
just an idea.....

This looks really f***in' cool in the dark, especially with the small light
over the pulpit....

I will post "decent" pictures when I get around to buying a camera.
Also look for another update on city hall, before I get around to building
some more of the roof.....

* Sure, sounds cockey… but I've got well over 1000 minifies set up in a
diorama that spans a 6x17 foot table. I'll bring pictures to show @ mels or T3!

Might be interesting to see....good advertizement for Brick Warz 2002....
it might be better to bring it to T3, at Mel's its been real tight
especially with 8 or 9 plus people..... :)

Benjamin Medinets