 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2663
Re: Legends Club Car comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:23:56 GMT

Hey folks,

So I got my Metroliner + 2 Club Cars today, as JeffVW noted,

Nice.... :)

<snip>

and it's companion MetroStation.  (Wouldn't the 4554 be incredible for another
Legends release?)

it wouldn't be bad....I would rather see 2150 made into a legend instead.
It is the same one, but red.  If I got that one, I'd be RED Train Station
complete.

I'm pretty impressed by this set-I had built two clones of them before,

they were VERY GOOD clones....you did a good job building them!!

so I knew how they were constructed, but I really appreciated having the >pieces in my hands-It's so far away from the 4561 (Train Jr) type of >construction it's not funny-it has delightful details like those little >Classic Space white fountain taps, simple little stickers, refinements like >the 2x2 round tiles on top of the tables up on the top floor.

One weirdity I found was one of the 2x2x1 thinwalls was slightly blanched
and one of the faces on the figure is kinda misprinted.  I really don't
care, but it's a little unusual.  I also didn't like the box it came in, I
don't mind the monochrome printing and understand the production costs
involved, but I can't stand these new tear open boxes.

Yes, worth the $37 USD.  But was it worth $150 USD average on EBay before
Legends?  No. I wouldn't (and didn't) have paid for them like that.  I'm so
glad Lego put out this set again.

Agreed.  That was a very good thing.  Like was already said, the quality
control has a thing to be desired.

I would like to see 4549 Road N Rail Hauler (called Cargo DoubleStack
in Europe) be made into a legend eventually.  I love the huge cargo crane,
the realistic cargo truck, the same bi-level train car chasis as the club car,
and the 4 (2 single, and 2 double) cargo "crates".

Benjamin Medinets