 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2256
Re: EAT MY monkey DUST!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:46:17 GMT

I'm having a horrid time trying to get my robot to lift itself. I do believe
another 3:1 is in order! Now where will I put it... It's the most
frustrating thing, having a nice, compact, secure mechanism, then having to
rip it appart to regear. *Emits Frustrate-Wind*

You do have such a way with words! Umm, I don't know if this applies to you
guys at all, but try and use the weight to your advantage. Istead of trying
to lift all the weight, try and swing with the weight. Use the battery box
(I mean RCX) as a counterweight. I was having trouble engaging onto the
second rung when Jeff Elliot reminded me that the rules were changed to
allow starting on two rungs. It became much easier to unhook the first claw
and swing to the third rung...

but is it a 2 arm monkey that swings from rung to rung, YES.

Chris gets points for doing things the hard way! There should be a prize for
the most 'monkey-like' motion.

Rob