 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 206
Re: the 39 meg video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:57:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message

Oh, Iain, hi.  did I mention that with CABLE and being so close to the
C/O i was getting up to 74 k/s.  and that was a bit slow.  oh well.  I'm
sure that at 4.4 you'll get there eventually.  (smug)

74 k/s? WTF? I can't stand these rogers commercials where they bash the heck
out of DSL. That makes me so cross. Cable just really makes me CROSS. DSL
seems far more reliable.

Cable has been unreliable due to Rogers poor architecting of their DHCP and
mailserver scalability.  But for those who don't care about their POP mail
(I use our very reliable UNIX mail at MIE) and have static IP's, it's never
been a large concern.

As for DSL, I've found DSL owners to be particularily unhappy with the
service plus the fact they have to run some sort of PPPoE package to
connect.  What a PITA.

I personally love the antiDSL commercials, and I used to work for Bell :)

Calum