 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 201
Re: the 39 meg video
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 19:17:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
Oh sure.....
I COULD! d/l all 39 megs of this video. and because its only 39 megs and
i have a high speed connection it will not bother me....(brag to Iain)

but this line is of concern to me:
For your convenience, it is rendered at 320x240x30 fps 22Khz mono.
some of the video Iain shot and put on his CD is at 30 fps.  I've
discovered that (with my comp) 30 fps makes the video VERY choppy.

I think (correct me Iain if I'm wrong) that Iain used some base AVI codecs
that were a little CPU/bandwidth intensive.  Even my P3/750 256MByte PC at
work stalled on Iain's stuff.  I used Microsoft MPEG4, which is pretty darn
good (about par with DivX;-) type compression).  If you try playing it in
WindowsMedia Player, it'll download the MPEG4 codec.  Then, Premiere should
be able to output in MPEG4, Iain.

It plays back fine under WindowsMedia Player 6.4 under my P2/400 and keeps a
reasonable frame rate.  Obviously download it first, then play it back off
local disk.

Calum