 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 205
204  |  206
Subject:
Ramblings...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 20:29:26 GMT

Hi Calum & Chris and gang.  It has been some time since I have been able to
get into
the Robotics action.  Is it safe to say that most are using this NG or is
lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor still actively used?  I posted a heads up recently
about TRU having a misprint on the Robotics Discovery set. They had it
advertised for $70.  I managed to get one, but it seems that luck has run
out for Calum. Sorry.  I guess they caught on to it pretty quick. I
guess you could always go in there with the ad, and request a raincheque as
it is their policy on advertised items.  Anyhow, started a new company in
the e-business arena.  Its keeping busy, and not allowing me enough time for
Lego. I hope to be able to make it out to the next competition.

BTW - managed to p/u a Destroyer Droid from TRU for $50 (legit sale).

Anyone have any info on when LEGO will release the Robotics Discover set
booster pack. Or, how to use the RIS and Scout to talk together. I
understand that it accepts IR messages 1-12 but could not find info on how
to make it react to one of those messages.   Who knows, maybe the next
competition will be a fire extinguisher challenge, and I can enhance my
walking fire extinguisher bot....

Anyway, take care all.

CIAO

Dave Astolfo