 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2056
Re: URL for Box car pics?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 04:17:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dean Husby writes:
DCC? Where are things sitting as far as DCC right now? I'm really wanting to get
into that.

Well, last week we powered up the entire system, encoder, decoder, booster
and host PC, ready for test.  About that same time, I smelled something
burning, and while Mario suggested I move my foot off the soldering iron
like I did an hour before (singeing the synthetic carpet), we quickly
realized the booster subassembly was melting through a 3033 tub lid that it
was sitting on.

Needless to say, while each individual component seemed to run okay, there
were some problems that continue to be diagnosed.  It'll work, soon.

Calum