 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1812
Re: bridge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:30:42 GMT

Hi Rob, Jeff,

The last time I checked, there were 5 bridges marked on the Train2
layout (of course, all of this is subject to change, but....)

They were:

* Open B1 and Open B2, each spanning 40 studs and carrying a single
track between Calum & Ben's modules.  Since the tracks are 8 studs
apart, it could be a double bridge.

* JeffE B1 and B2, each spanning 88 studs and carry a single track
between my JeffeM2 and JeffEM3 (1/2 module).  Again, 8 studs apart, but
due to my funny height games, tough to double since one is at 1.2 bricks
and one at 6.0 bricks.

* JeffE B3 - a road bridge spanning 88 studs between those same modules.

Now, I've built the two train bridges Jeffe B1 and B2 already; not that
I couldn't be talked out of one of them...  I'd intended to build
JeffeB3, but it isn't there yet.

AFAIK, Open B1 and B2 are still open, but they're pretty short.

Of course, all we'd have to do is drag the tables a little farther apart
and those bridges could get as long as we pleased(*), but both sides
have to get longer, so we'd need to either sub in a module or coordinate
the lengthening.

Let's discuss this - I'd like to see everyone who wants to build a
bridge able to do so.

Jeff E

(*) - increasing by multiples of 16 studs, of course.

Jeff Van Winden wrote:

Hey Rob....

A suspension bridge sound cool... I think that we would require a dual track
bridge or two single track bridges... The tracks should be spaced 8 studs
apart with one or two studs clearance on either side.....

As for the length of the bridge... I'll let Calum answer that one

Just my thoughts,
Jeff VW

"Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Okay all you train guys,
How long do you want your bridge to be? I am probably going to make a
suspension bridge, since that wouldn't require millions of beams that I
don't have. Also, what about a dual track bridge? This would have to be
shorter, but would make for some nice video shots (Iain). Anyway, just let
me know what I should aim for, and help me to get motivated:)
Rob