 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18091
Re: 'Cause it's just sad....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:12:22 GMT

Mayhaps....

:)

Not sure I can compete with the depth of this posting.  :)

...I must confess I've not spent much time on Lugnet in some time now.  But I'm
still out there, still fond of what Lugnet can offer, and still an AFOL*.

*Technically, I've been in an extended dim age during which much of my brick was
in storage.  And with all the new websites and shifting of the old AFOL
community that happened while I was away, I'm not certain how or to what extent
I might return.  ...However, that said, I *just* finished the remodel of my
hobby room after having the new house for well over a year.  All that's left for
me to do in that space is open up the boxes and start assembling the ABS.  So
the dim age, to a great extent, is finally coming to an end.  With any luck,
I'll get some pics on the interwebs soonish.

...I must also confess what little online time I have these days goes mostly to
Facebook.  Despite its flaws, it's the one site that has the most of my non-Lego
friends.  And I've grown used to the method of quick posts and easily clicking
"like" and easily added pics and links (compared to the text heavy, manually
linking of newsgroups like our old home here).  What we need is a LugBook with
all the social network features but setup just for AFOLs.  Haha!

But then that would have the same old problem of how to handle the diversity
within this hobby - all the themes and sub-categories of interest that we tend
to branch out into.  That was one thing that I thought Lugnet handled well,
which is partly why I'm surprised people branched off to other sites to focus on
their aspects of the hobby - to the point where it has become a ghost town here.

Anyhoo, always good to see you folks are still here!

-Hendo