 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1799
Re: rtlToronto now officially not the coolest video Lego group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 04:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:

(currently looking up HDTV camera rentals)
now that would be most cool...

I was joking.  Renting a HDTV camera, for example, the Sony HDW-700A HDCAM,
the industry standard HDTV broadcast camcorder (basically the DVW-700
Digital Betacam chassis and transport with a HD imager block) rents for
about $1500 USD.  That's more than Iain's entire DV camcorder :)  It's also
about a third of the cost of a professional DV camcorder.   That and HD
would let people see dust anyways on my Lego. :)

Metroliner wreckages, etc)   DCC, and HDTV....
hey Calum, you ought to charge money for admission!!!!
(or at least have a decent CD-rom version of the film available at
Robotics 9....heck, that would be a good incentive for people to come...
to pick up an exclusive video of Train2 (shot in HDTV or at least in
DV)

I think we might put a compilation CD of photos, videos together and just
pass it around from person to person to dupe, ie bring it back at the next
dinner etc.  Don't get me started on charging admission...

Calum