 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17624
Re: CAN you believe it... The next Robotics game.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:42:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
Ok, so I meant to do this months ago, and I have just been swamped..

So with out further ado, here are my thoughts on our next game:

****************The Can Game***********

Premise of the Game:
Build a robot that can find the heaviest can in the play field.
The play field will contain multiple (unlabeled?) cans of different sizes and
shapes, the Largest can is not necessarily the heaviest.
- could be a food drive for the cans if labels are left on...

Rules:
2 to 4 Robots can play at the same time, Each robot will start in one of the
play field at a 45 degree angle to the corner
Robot must* travel around the play field and try to find the Heaviest can.
    *or should, Chris's robot will probably just sit there ;)
At the end of the game your robot can only be holding one can
Your robot can hold two cans for weighing purposes only
i.e. no hoarding of cans
No size restrictions
different classes for RCX / NXT? - might not be necessary because I don't think
there is a weight sensor yet. Is there?
Might have to define a Largest can possible (i.e. 2-ish Leter Tomato Juice can)

Play field:
The play field will be the floor of the Library.
I will attempt to find a liberty with non carpeted floors.
A square area will be taped out using black electrical tape,
Size of tape to be determined.

Scoring:
By Weight?
First, Second and Third highest weighed cans...

Thoughts? Ideas?
I have probably mossed something, so Lets discuss and iron out some rules.

Forgot one thing...

Time Frame for the Game:

How does late March, Early April sound for everyone??

Jeff VW