 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17301
17300  |  17302
Subject:
New Robot Game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2007 04:12:57 GMT

With a typical rtl blessing...  "If you want to have a game and the rest of the
group doesn't want it, go forth and organise it yourself."

So after thinking long and hard about the last dinner and very careful
assessment, I have decided to do just that.  It's a back to basics, serious
robot competition.  I have already booked the library.

The goal of the game is to build an autonomous bot that will beat the living
snot out of anyone that comes back to rtl with a vengeance, hasn't built a robot
for three years, makes disparaging comments about some of the finest rtl bot
builders, and has no respect for anyone that builds anything but bots.

There will be a grande prize for anyone that can program their bot to also teach
some manners in social niceties, how to hold ones liquor and how to properly
speak to a woman (since apparently most of his experience with women are ones
that get paid by the hour. )

Oh, btw, such a pleasure to meet you Bruce, cant wait for another enlightening
dinner with you overpowering the table with your gentlemanly behaviour.

Janey "Let's go outside, Red Brick"