 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1719
Re: Legends: METROLINER!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:21:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Oh, I know what you mean. It's like technology, or cars. You wait, and it
comes down in price. But you don't get the enjoyment for that amount of
time.

That's it exactly. (kind of like the saying about computers that goes...
resign yourself that as soon as you have bought, what you bought is obsolete!)

HOWEVER I think it's great that people who aren't as fanatic about trains
as
I am will now be able to enjoy this set... :-)

Well, I don't think I'm any less fanatic about trains just because didn't
really think I could justfy spending ~$600 CDN on a set... :-/ That's sort
of like saying that the family who can't afford to go to Six Flags for the
weekend doesn't want to go just as baldy as I might want to.

Yes, I see what you mean. Maybe "fanatic" isn't quite the right term, but
what I was driving at was not the people who really wanted a metroliner and
couldn't afford it,  but rather the broadening to people who would say "hmm,
I don't really like trains but now I can check this metroliner thing out.
Before I would have bought 400 dollars worth of starwars sets (600 CDN) but
now heck, why not, I'll give it a whirl because all I am giving up is 200
CDN to get it instead of 600"

From THOSE people sometimes come future train fanatics. Hmm... Metroliner as
a gateway drug! Cool. <Grin>

++Lar