 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17135
  Re: We may have to come up with somethign bigger...

(...) I'm going to go cry. :( Seriously though, these other assembly projects are incredible, but all have one major flaw (in my eyes): They're slow. I'm expecting if we pull this off, we'll have a cadence of a few seconds per car; maybe 10 or so, (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: We may have to come up with somethign bigger...

(...) Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cadence will be set by the slowest assembly cell, correct? So if your goal is a a fast cadence, you need *every* cell to meet at least that minimum requirement. Or, since you are using train track, with (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: We may have to come up with somethign bigger...

(...) That's right! We have to agree that everyone will try and meet some maximum time. No worm gears allowed! :) (...) Well, we could, but that would get pretty complicated in a hurry, I think. But it's not unlike the Montrac system - there are (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: We may have to come up with somethign bigger...

(...) Yes, this is correct. The slowest station on the line will be the limiting factor in the production rate. That said, I don't think we need to "one up" anything, this is purely for fun. We've never done a large group collaborative project other (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)