 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17135
Re: We may have to come up with somethign bigger...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:56:22 GMT

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6zV7UFEH4

Been done. Twice now.

Though to be said, not nearly as great as the plan we have, but if this guy can assemble 5 ‘pieces’, then we have got to come up with somethign bigger...

I’m going to go cry. :(

Seriously though, these other assembly projects are incredible, but all have one major flaw (in my eyes): They’re slow. I’m expecting if we pull this off, we’ll have a cadence of a few seconds per car; maybe 10 or so, tops. By decentralizing everything into individual processes, the overall cycle time drops substantially. It’s not like having one robot that does every function; it’s delegated into smaller functions (stations/cells) that all happen in parallel.

While each individual car might take a minute or two to make a full circuit of the assembly line, we can have a car coming off like every 5 seconds.

-Iain