 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16963
  Re: Newfound growth or splintering the existing base?

(...) I guess splintering is the wrong word. Let's just imagine the situation some of us might be facing up here in ol' Toronto. NMRA, which I think the group is interested in showing at, is in Detroit. Then there's this cool thing in Chicago, which (...) (18 years ago, 12-Dec-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newfound growth or splintering the existing base?

(...) Calum, I think the base needs to expand, not only to support the events and grow them, but to maintain the community. If I had a 2x4 brick for everyone that said on the LUGNET newsgroups that they were going to stop buying LEGO bricks or stop (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newfound growth or splintering the existing base?

(...) One correction: BrickFest 2007 was not cancelled, it's being held in Portland on March 30 - April 1, 2007. Hope you can attend. - Kelly (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newfound growth or splintering the existing base?

(...) Sorry Kelly, but there is not going to be a BrickFest 2007. BrickFest PDX is not a replacement to the original Washington D.C. version. In 7 consecutive years of having a AFOL convention in the Metropolitan D.C. area, a convention that (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newfound growth or splintering the existing base?

(...) I see what you mean by it, although I don't agree. By that line of thinking, BrickFest 2006 (held in a different venue, organized by different people, and more of an expo than a convention) wasn't an "original" BrickFest either. So there (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)