 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16802
Re: Easing back into the swing of things....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:10:47 GMT

Rob Antonishen wrote:
On 10/18/06, David Koudys  wrote:

This little LEGO magnet detector may or may not be instrumental in
future plans.
:)

Is it a reed switch?

It looks like one.

Does it need to run lengthwise in the track bed our could it run width
wise.  I'm just thinking you could probably hollow out a couple of
plates and hide the sensor bulb completely.

Anyway, it wasn't that difficult--the hardest part, as usual, is the
hot glue
gun--makes messes of everything--think i'll have to find something
better.

5 minute epoxy.  Much easier to control that hot melt glue.  I just
helped my daughter make a nature collage, and there were hot melt glue
string everywhere...

While I don't have a better suggestion, 5 minute epoxy is still pretty
gooey.

A couple of dabs of a thick super glue might be easer to work with.  But
the fumes tend to mark the surface of near by Lego as it drys.

It was like we had been attacked my giant spiders
or something!

Maybe one day you'll find out for sure. :-)

Derek