 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16783
Re: K, that's it! We're doing it!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:51:33 GMT

At 09:29 AM 10/12/06, Dave wrote:
I'm running a LEGO
battlebot competition

hmm.  Maybe worth a trip to Canada.

Build an autonomous robot to partake in a fierce battle with other 'bots.

Your robot must have the ability to MOVE all by itself at the beginning of the
competition--this'll stop the 'Hey, it's a giant stack of 2x4 blocks!

Your robot must fit in the 8 x 8 arena, and leave room for other 'bots--'cause
it's hard to get a score with other 'bots if they can't fit in the arena.

Compeitions will run aroun 3-5 minutes, depending on potential 'Wow--didya see
that spectacular hit!!' factors

A round of votes at the end of hte match will determine the winner.

I'd think there should be at least a couple rules, to keep people
(like me) from building robot that are just stupid-big.

Something like 12x12 inches and 3 to 5 lbs should be plenty for most.

Also, if I may suggest, what about doing like they did in
Battle-Bots, where the robot will be counted out, if it doesn't move
within about 10 seconds.  (this would not count two robots that are
entangled)  This kind of eliminates your "bot must move" rule.

Those are just my thoughts.  Value them as you will.

Yes, some good LEGO carnage sounds interesting.

Steve