 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16152
Re: OT - numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 13:23:26 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:
On 30-May-06, at 7:41 PM, Chris Magno wrote:

http://www.onethousandpaintings.com/home/

where did I put my canvas, I need to sharpie out the ALPHABET.

ORDER NOW!!!!

these letters are GOING FAST!!!

This is an interesting project.  It will be interesting to see if it
goes to completion.  I even considered getting a set of numbers.  It
would have cost around $400 for the 3 paintings I needed.  But as one
guy at worked pointed out, what are you going to do in a few years  when
you get board of them.  It is very unlikely they will hold their
value.  And the numbers I picked are very personal to me.  It is very
unlikely I will find someone else that would want these numbers and
would pay anywhere near what I paid for them.

There are two ways this pays off for the purchaser.  They get value  out
of the enjoyment of having the paintings for a few years and  telling
the story behind how they got them.  Just like buying a big  chocolate
bar.  You're not getting much for it after you've finished  enjoying it,
but it was enjoyable while you had it.  The other way is  this artist
becomes famous and all their work become highly coveted.   But this
would be extremely rare.

So as an investment in something fun, this is not too bad for the
price, but I think I'll get an iPod instead.  Oh wait wrong audience,
how about a Death Star II?

Derek

FORGET the freaking NUMBERS!!!!!

Do you all get it, I (as in ME) am selling VERY very VERY rare, one of a
kind limited edition alphabet letters sharpied on canvas.

I cant express enough how RARE this is.

the Canvas is NOT painted in Gesso, and the letters are lovingly hand
crafted by me, while visiting the Fanklin Mint.  I used a FAT sharpie.

Each canvas is signed by me.  Their will be no reprints. These are NOT
numbered.  They are going FAST!

Only 25 letters remain. If you order NOW, I will not charge the premium
surcharge for the vowels.

Chris
Artist(1) - pronounced "are-tee-st"

1. now where did I put my barrette?