 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16150
Re: OT - numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 11:54:08 GMT

On 30-May-06, at 7:41 PM, Chris Magno wrote:

http://www.onethousandpaintings.com/home/

where did I put my canvas, I need to sharpie out the ALPHABET.

ORDER NOW!!!!

these letters are GOING FAST!!!

This is an interesting project.  It will be interesting to see if it
goes to completion.  I even considered getting a set of numbers.  It
would have cost around $400 for the 3 paintings I needed.  But as one
guy at worked pointed out, what are you going to do in a few years
when you get board of them.  It is very unlikely they will hold their
value.  And the numbers I picked are very personal to me.  It is very
unlikely I will find someone else that would want these numbers and
would pay anywhere near what I paid for them.

There are two ways this pays off for the purchaser.  They get value
out of the enjoyment of having the paintings for a few years and
telling the story behind how they got them.  Just like buying a big
chocolate bar.  You're not getting much for it after you've finished
enjoying it, but it was enjoyable while you had it.  The other way is
this artist becomes famous and all their work become highly coveted.
But this would be extremely rare.

So as an investment in something fun, this is not too bad for the
price, but I think I'll get an iPod instead.  Oh wait wrong audience,
how about a Death Star II?

Derek