 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16019
Re: Human intervention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:07:28 GMT

4. what if I built a clockwork spring powered robot. What if the spring
was so tough that only a human could "pull the pin" to start it. What if
I attached the spring trigger to a polarity switch, so that to START the
robot I would flick the polarity switch AND AT THE SAME TIME, move the
spring trigger that is attached to the polarity switch.

I dont know if this breaks the spirit of the game.... or is that
"pulling a hassenplug?"

I think in general your robot must be put in the starting position and then
started in place.  The starting procedure should be relatively instantaneous.
What you actually have to do to start your robot shouldn't matter.

For the tough of war game I was thinking maybe we should have a little slack in
the rope so any movement in someone's starting procedure won't get translated
down the rope to the other robot throwing it off.  Just like how in a sumo game
the robots are separated at the start.

Derek