 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16010
  Re: I should update my knowledge base sometime...

(...) Keeps timing out for me Dave. Janey "RB" (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I should update my knowledge base sometime...

(...) Well that blows I logged in to my work system and it appeared to work from there, though a little slow. Thanks for the efforts Janey. Dave K (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I should update my knowledge base sometime...

(...) Okay, upon checking today... it seems to be up and working again, but I am not sure why you moved... was running your own server taking to much time??? Because for me, your pages loaded quicker when you were on your own server. Glad to see (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I should update my knowledge base sometime...

(...) Well, that's the A in ADSL...it's asymmetric. The direction going to the computer is faster than the direction leaving, which is coincidentally the opposite of how a server would work. When you are surfing at home, you usually ask for a page (...) (18 years ago, 21-Apr-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I should update my knowledge base sometime...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <sip> (...) The server hasn't moved at all--well, maybe it shifted a little on the floor when I removed the cable modem and installed the ADSL... What has changed is the actual internet (...) (18 years ago, 22-Apr-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)