 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1568
Re: Train2 Layout, Week2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:47:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train2layout.jpg

Anyone have more modules they wish to add?  Dave, could you use OpenC1 in
your layout?  If not, we can add a spacer to the north side...

Would anyone from our sister LUGs be bringing a module or two?

Calum

By the looks of it, the circle's a little full.
The good bit about a trian yard is that it can 'plug in' to wherever there's
free room, 'cause basically it's freeform (at least my implementation....)
so here's what i'm thinking....
i'll put in a switch on the outer track on Jeff VW's M3 or M4 module (if
he'll let me), bring a line out and put my 6 modules along that edge of the
layout.
that should give people great access to stage and park their rolling stock
before it goes on the main lines.  since jeff has so conveniently made a
great crossover b/w the 2 lines, this is the perfect spot to have a switch
yard as well.

whatever happens, i'll show up w/ 6 modules, tons of track, few buildings
and my little train that could.

by the by, i'm using purple paint onthe bottom of my track to (hopefully)
distinguish from others track.

happy rails to you

dave

I am sure the "loop" isn't set in stone...I think there is only 6 or 7 module
spaces in length...bringing the total to less than 20 feet...If (and this is
my impression)...we are using Lillian Smith Library...then we should be able
to accommodate more than 6 or so modules per side...

those are my impressions....you might want to ask Calum of the exact length...
I don't know if he reserved all three conference rooms, but if he did, the
room(s) have got to be about 30 long...but only about 12 to 15 feet wide...

Benjamin Medinets