 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1525
  Octan tanks

I think I saw in one of the GATS or other American train shows that someone had built some oil storage tanks in the Octan colour scheme of mostly white with red and green stripes. So I decided an excellent way to make use of hard to build in space (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Octan tanks

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GFIs8A.782@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) in (...) Those look *fabulous*! Did you just know how to do the curve, or did you plot it with the computer or something first? Iain (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Octan tanks

(...) I really think they are very neat and very large....ohhh that will be an interesting piece of your layout...if you do decide to include it. The only thing negative about it is that despite the nice "curve" design, it is a little too choppy (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Octan tanks

(...) Unfortunately I can't take credit for the idea :) (URL) is probably where I saw it first. It's a great design, theirs is much taller and rounder. (...) Yeah, I think you can make it a little rounder if you increased the diameter by another (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Octan tanks

(...) No, I built one layer on a baseplate just to get the curve right. I got the idea from NALUG, they had some in one of their layouts... Calum (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Octan tanks

(...) I am quite sure you'll think of something :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)