 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15208
    Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam? —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Now there's a serious design flaw. In fact the use of your email address in this way appears to be contrary to the MOCPages privacy policy. " We hate unsolicited e-mail just as much as everyone else. We will never distribute, sell, or abuse (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) It would take a little more development effort to do a hash, but ya. Ouch. I agree. Ouch. Not only that but it seems to vary across time, some of my creations have older email addresses embedded, presumably matching when I changed my emails as (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam? —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Thanks Larry, I wanted to understand method by which my email address was harvested before address it to MOCPages. Clearly it's a design flaw, and not something more sinister which was one of my original concerns. Derek (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam? —Sean Kenney
   (...) Derek, everyone: Yes... this was a design flaw on my part; I would never, NEVER sell people's personal information. I, myself, get over 400 pieces of spam every day, and am very sensitive to giving out my own e-mail, phone numbers, etc. I'd (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam? —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Thanks for your reply Sean. I was just in the process of composing a message to send to MOCPages feedback outline what I thought the problem was. Now that you appear to be fully aware of it I won't bother. Not knowing you personally I wasn't (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)