 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15034
Re: Important Hobby Show info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:39:10 GMT

I just received all the paperwork for the hobby show.

First, to get the 'special rate' for electricity, the forms must be signed and
sent in by Oct 20th.  K, I'll handle that.

Thanks Dave!

Secondly, the passes must be picked up on Thursday between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
I'll get the passes on Thursday, probably in the afternoon.  I hope that most
of you have my cell # so wehn you're anywhere near the building,you can call
me and I'll come out and give you your passes.  Also, setup has to occur
during those hours.

Is this how it happened last year?  I know we ran into problems the first year
when the passes were left with "security".  So if you keeping them and meeting
people one by one works better, then that's excellent.

I'll need to coordinate the table pickup/delivery with the guy who's getting
us the tables (for free--if we rent them, it's 30 bucks per table.

It will be interesting to see the mismash of tables that end up coming to the
show.  I don't mean our booth, but the overall effect of people bringing
whatever tables they can find.

I don't hink it's going to be too long for us to set up and people'll be coming
and going thru the show duration.  That said, they are stating that absolutely
no material is to be brought in thru the main entrance during show hours.  Im
sure there'll be an alternate gate and I'll figure it out whilst in the
building.

I believe this is standard and has been in past years.

The doors will be open on Friday at 9 a.m. until noon for further setup.

Ditto above.

The show runs from noon until 9 p.m. Friday
10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday
and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday

Oh, Allan, I'm stepping down after this show for running the LEGO Builders at
the hobby show. I'll help where I can in the future but something about this
year isn't sitting right.

I can't blame you.  I guess we'll see how this year feels and go from there.

Thanks again Dave!
Allan