 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15033
Re: rtlToronto at the Toronto Christmas Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:58:04 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
The point is does rtlToronto really want to do train shows?  The crazy hours are
a wee bit of a drag and some of us have to come in from Hamilton.

Thoughts?  Comments?

I say yes, I want to do train shows.

I think we've all felt a little uninspired and burnt out on the train
front.  Especial after Cincinnati.  I know I have.  Well maybe not
David.  But do really like getting together and doing the shows.

The early rise is a pain, but then only two days are taken up by the
show, not three.  But you have to get up early so you can't do too much
Friday anyway.  I don't know, both ways have a down side.  We need to be
older, so we go to bed early and wake up early by default. :-)

I also think we need something new to do.  This layout has definitely
peaked.  We can pick at it for a while if we want, but I think it's time
to look at doing something new.

And I have a few ideas on this front, inspired by what David's doing
with his layout, combined with something I've been wanting to do for a
long time.  We can discuss it at the train show.

The problem is the spring show.  I move into my new place in the Spring,
I just can't put in the major effort for a new layout until I'm into the
new place.

But we'll have lots of time to talk it over at the show.

Derek