 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14981
Re: RCX expertise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:00:29 GMT

<snip>

I hope with continued use I don't blow Sensor 1

We shall see...

Dave K

After running the layout all evening, and having the motor output wired thru
lights to sensor 1, the program ran flawlessly.

Now I will state that if you try this on your own RCX and blow something up,
don't blame me!  Any acts you perform are the sole responsibility of you!!

That said, I'm very pleased with how well this little trick worked!  Hopefully
I'll be able to set up some sort of 'cascading' thing from one RCX to the
next--a hand-off if you will, so that when one RCX has 'done its duty' in the
cycle, it can easily notify the next one without the use of IR.

this way there should be no 'jam-ups' with the soccer balls anywhere along the
system (I hope).

Just have to build a good unloading mechanism for the bottom loop and the
prelims are done!

Whew!  This is tougher than it looks!

Oh, as an aside--I used to have so many wall warts for train controllers and I
was using 'em for the RCX's.  Now I'm down to 3--where'd they all go?  Lost
around the house presumably...  Grr!!

Dave K