 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14975
Re: RCX expertise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:26:18 GMT

On Mon, October 17, 2005 2:42 pm, David Koudys wrote:
I'll let you know tonight what my findings are with regard to the motor-to-senor
thing.

I know that you guys were talking about it when you were buidling all your C$
'bots--bout I think Derek or somoene said the RCX sensor port can register the
difference between motor off and motor float and use that in a program as a way
of conveying info from one RCX to another--it gets rid of the IR communication
issues.

Just like with LDCC, polarity DOES matter.

One thing I played around with before C$ was connecting two sensor ports together,
and switching them between active & passive modes.  That means to send messages back
and forth, you only use two sensor ports, instead of two motor ports, and two sensor
ports.  I don't think I was getting very reliable results.

Steve