 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14973
Re: RCX expertise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 2005 19:42:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

<snip>

Steve
disclamer here: It's your RCX.

Oh I've blown up RCX's before--once when I (erronously) thought that the wall
wart that comes with the LEGO 9v train controller was actually putting out 9
volts and plugged that into a non-AC'd 1.5...

Yep, pretty much punched that one.

That is, until my good friend and fellow rtl'er, Matthias (who hasn't been to
diner in a long while, btw) took it home, removed a bit off the circuit board,
and gave it back to me in working condition.

He doesn't know if the piece he took off is a 'fuse' or something else, but when
removed, the RCX worked again, so I was a pretty happy guy.

From now on, I check the actual output on these wall warts...

or just get more 1.0's with the AC adaptor.

I'll let you know tonight what my findings are with regard to the motor-to-senor
thing.

I know that you guys were talking about it when you were buidling all your C$
'bots--bout I think Derek or somoene said the RCX sensor port can register the
difference between motor off and motor float and use that in a program as a way
of conveying info from one RCX to another--it gets rid of the IR communication
issues.

We shall see

Dave K