 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14914
Re: so...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:19:19 GMT

Mathew Clayson wrote:
what I have told people is to get a fusion colour close to what you
want, and paint your product. THEN, find almost any other spray bomb in
the colour you require, and apply it over the fusion.

http://www.krylon.com/main/product_template.cfm?levelid=5&sub_levelid=10&productid=1751&content=product_details

Chris

I've been making models and movie props for years.

This doesn't seem to be true with lacquer paints. So I usually use a lacquer
primer (hard to find).
<http://www.chaseproducts.com/products/paint/lacquerprimer.cfm> And then paint
over it with other paints as needed.

I painted some red parts black recently. I used a black primer, and clear coat.

I've also painted some parts grey, but used a brush, as my airbrush was dead.
But again useing a grey primer and hand brushing over that with a better color
match.

Mat

Is one of those situations were you have to paint a horse to get a
convincing looking cow on camera, and if you want a horse you have to
tape a bunch of cats together?

Derek