 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14669
Re: Which one would you pic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:21:33 GMT

Nick Kappatos wrote:
Would you make the same choice (Element) today?

I had a Civic LX for 11 years before getting the element.  It wasn't as
sporty as other Civic models, but it was fun, quick and cheap on gas.  I
had a lot of fun with it, but ultimately it wasn't meeting my needs.
Plus it was 11 years old.

I loved the Element from the day I first set eyes on it.  It was so
different.  It met my new needs of, hauling great volumes of Lego
around, along with other things.  I never would have gotten three
people, including myself, and all their stuff and groceries up the 400
to a cottage for a week in my civic.

It's a very practical vehicle, but it still has some kick to it.  A lot
of people are surprised how much it feels like driving a car.  However
you are not sitting 2 inchs off the ground and the large A pillar makes
left hand curves a little scary.  If you are driving normally, as you
should, it's no problem.  If you are pushing the limits a little, not
being able to see the apex or an on coming car is a little dangerous.

So in conclusion, the Element definitely meets my needs.  I don't regret
getting it at all.  I'd buy another one today if I had to.  However I
would say it doesn't satisfy all my desires.  I do miss being low, fast
and hugging the curves sometimes.

Derek