 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 145
Re: 4 wheel power robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:01:04 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:

    if(chrisMagno = stubbornAboutNQC)

OMG!!!!! I always thought it was Mango, like the fruit. :)

wow, your both wrong.

i missed the miss spelling of my name.... but JEff, i did catch the
missing double + sign.

so it should be.

if(chrisMagno == stubbornAboutNQC)

<SIGH>  The single = sign was my *point*; it's supposed to be
*funny*: in C you can assign inside a test, it's called
"The Last C Bug"[1], and it means that chisMagno will always
be stubborn.  I actually missed his Iain's mangling of your
name, I just happen to know how to spell it. </SIGH>

Jeff

[1] - It's called that, given the following code example
(which assumes you know about The Cold War, and that you
know what 'DEFCON' means:

// NORAD Defense System Code For Armageddon:

function void [2] launch_decision(int defcon) {
  if(defcon = 1) {
    launch_all_nukes();
  } else {
    maintain_peace();
  }
}

[2] - I've seen it written returning an int, but then
I thought - what's the point in returning an int from
a function with *those* kind of side-effects?