 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14122
Re: mindstorms and trains, what else?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 02:41:32 GMT

On 22-Jun-05, at 10:18 PM, Calum Tsang wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Keith Hui wrote:
Now who actually got that top of the line $37k Prius with navigation
and
bluetooth?

Not to mention the self parking Prius only found in Japan.

Sure take all the fun out of parallel parking.  I'm surprised how many
times I've talked people though parallel parking better then I can do
it myself.

So that's the big question of the day.  How have them implement remote
control?

-RF remote control, like the Playmobil train?
-Inband track remote control, like DCC?
-Something else?

How about Bluetooth, the we can control our trains with our cell
phones... yada yada yada...

RF is kind of cheating in my mind.  It just doesn't feel right.  But
you can
also walk around your layout which is kind of neat.

As wireless gets cheaper, I can see DCC going away in favour of a
wireless networked controllers.

Derek