 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14060
Re: Heavily OT: What is this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 11:25:05 GMT

On 28-May-05, at 11:07 PM, Chris Magno wrote:
bad news..

IF its what I THINK it is, then its a lot worse.

can you get me a SIDE shot of the depth of this battle scar?

Ya, it looks like there is a point of impact at the bottom of the spot
and it's bleeding up from there.

I give it 6 months.

Derek

-I really only wrote this to test that mail is working after fixing my
iMac.
-Speaking of my iMac, what's a safe temperature for my drive and cpu to
be running at?  Currently they are leveling off at around 50C for the
CPU, 54C for the external drive temperature and 68C for the SMART drive
temperature.  This seems high, could it be why my hard drive failed.
Is the real problem the fan's aren't running fast enough?  It's runs
very quiet.  If I run the hardware test it cranks up the fans to full
speed and it gets very noisy.