 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14058
Re: Heavily OT: What is this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2005 03:07:54 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

I found this dirt on my Accord's hood:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/accorddirt.jpg

Is this tree sap?  Or rust?  Or something else?

It doesn't seem to rub or scratch off (well, not with my finger nail) and
doesn't wash off with water.

Calum
PS-I started building the new rtlToronto Banner Stand today.

good news,

bad news..

good news,

IF it is TREE SAP, you can ~EASILY~ use reg unleaded octane 84 GAS to
remove it.

bad news..

IF its what I THINK it is, then its a lot worse.

can you get me a SIDE shot of the depth of this battle scar?

Chris