 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13971
Re: Apache
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 04:35:04 GMT

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 03:54:09AM +0000, Derek Raycraft wrote:
I want to setup Apache so when I go to a certain url its passed
through to the other server, with out having to do something like put
the port number in the url.

ie.
www.domain.com  would be covered by apache.
www.domain.com/otherserver would be covered by this other server
running on a different port.

Easy. In the root of the port 80 server, create the following
.htaccess file:

  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteRule ^otherserver/(.*) http://localhost:8080/$1 [P]

And that should be it!  Now, requests to anything under that directory
will be "proxied" to the other location.

HTH!

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com