 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13970
13969  |  13971
Subject:
Apache
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:54:09 GMT

Dumb question, because I'm not in the mood to read.

I have an Apache server running on my computer.  Port 80 and all that.
I have another HTTP server running on lets say port 8080.  Doesn't
matter what it is really, just that it's there.  I want to setup Apache
so when I go to a certain url its passed through to the other server,
with out having to do something like put the port number in the url.

ie.
www.domain.com  would be covered by apache.
www.domain.com/otherserver would be covered by this other server
running on a different port.

Where, and what change do I need to make to apache to do this.

Other details that may or may not be important:

I believe the Apache version is 1.3 or something like that.
It's running on an iMac, default install.  But that doesn't matter.  If
you tell me the name of the file, I can find it.

Just seeing what heights of laziness I can reach in setting up my
server.

Thanks,

Derek