 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13936
13935  |  13937
Subject:
HOLD ME.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:45:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

So.

I'm using a FESTO DGPIL rodless pneumatic cylinder with guide and integrated
displacement encoder, controlled by a MPYE proportional valve and SPC-11
soft-stop controller with two freely selectable intermediate positions on this
huge automation project we're working on.

This morning I hooked up the controller to 24v and started the configuration
routine on the controller.  It starts purring and gently cralwing about,
exploring its body, as if discovering itself for the first time.  Figuring out
where it can move, frictions, masses, etc.

Then suddenly.

The whole 15kg tool goes FLYING down the end of the 750 mm guide.  Decelerating
PERFECTLY into a hard stop with a solid, quiet, thunk, purring LOUDLY as it
approaches the end position.

I SCREAMED.

HANDS IN AIR, RUNNING AROUND THE SHOP LIKE A CHILD.

I.  LOVE.  FESTO.

    Iain

PS - now I'm geting an E.01 fault and I can't clear it.  I think I might have
fried the controller.  :(