 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13905
Re: Thank You, was [rtlToronto] rtlToronto Train Show...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:19:02 GMT

   Well, setting up went as smooth as one could possibly expect, considering the bad weather and long lineups.

Great show guys and as always, impressive layout. Many thanks to all of rtl (the third best lug going - after J and Parl, of course, smile) that participated. Had a great time! I enjoyed the show very much, and as always, enjoyed the company of *most* of you. Wink.

Now for some typical lug babbling, which I haven’t done here for a bit......... Or skip right to the photos.

All names have been changed to protect the not so innocent, (and I know with this group I don’t need to mention that some of the following is tongue in cheek.)

“Napoleon” - thank you so much....for all the laughs. As well, the regulator, supply of track, the speedy module table service and as always, the perfect attitude even when I short changed you on layout or had you search for missing base-plates. Not to mention, getting seriously ribbed about things such as 4 vrs 5 o’clock, and the comments (that I may or may not have made) which made your face turn lego red.

“Mr.-I-Can-Out-Live-You-in-the-Wild” - A huge thank you for all the grunt work (and saving my back) by lugging my mocs during both set up and tear down, as well as the shuttle service around the big bad city. Of course, I think the corruption of my figs and the destruction of my mocs may make that “thank you” null and void. Or at least slightly jaded..

“Mr-Actually-Helpful” - thank you for getting my base-plates all aligned and re-establishing the front porches of my row houses.

“Mr-Smoking-Partner-In-Crime” - thanks for saving me the 500 mile walk and becoming a drown rat with my quest to return to Van Go in a timely manner.

“Mr-Cherry-Stealer” - great new building added to the layout, and thanks for the laptop and the “issue” advice as well.

“Mr-Two-Users” - many thanks for providing the “buttons” as well as the excellent advice on saving less experienced surfers many years of in-law mishaps, plus that link of great sculpture....... oh wait, that never happened, never mind.

“Mr-I’m-the-Real-Wild-One” - thanks for the charming “Impress the In-laws How To” as well as the Chip wagon, which is a design I am definitely going to pinch for my own layout. Waiting on that cad, tick tick, hint hint.

“Mr-Show-Up-After-Tear-Down” - What a classic lesson in how to get away without packing your own stuff, I cant wait to pull that one myself. Nicely played! Is that 2 year old, oh wow, NON-BURP mountain finished yet?

“Ms.(-Soon-to-be-Mrs.)-Groupies” as always, a pleasure to chat with you both, and seriously, since you haul and set up/tear down just as much as the rest, not to mention that free sorting you do as well, I truly wish you would have joined us in the group shot.

Other lessons learned........

1) “Fish, Ice-cream, Fish” otherwise known as....open mouth, insert foot equals a free (but inedible) desert

2) Apparently there are two ppl that NEED to be the centre of attention....I foresee a dual to the death. Good thing brain (or a blow to the windpipe) can conquer brawn.

3) Apparently there is a seasonal time continuum between the city and the land of nowhere, and wearing sandals seemed like a good idea in the city, until I got home and had to step thru many inches of snow to get to my back door.

Thanks again,

Janey Red Brick

P.S. I *NEED* a copy of the “special” group shot, which proves the old adage, a picture says 1000 words. “For those about to rock, I salute you!”