 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13823
13822  |  13824
Subject:
Santos/McGarry Ticket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:59:56 GMT

K, that caught me completely off guard.

An absolute stunning event, and the West Wing still holds no punches.
Now friends, in the 'old days' when Babylon 5 was still in production, I
frequently surfed the rudimentary internets of the time to find out information
and spoilers about upcoming episodes.  The various fans of B5 were notorious for
getting active content and thinking about what the future may hold for B5 up
ontoo their websites.  Added to that was the wonderful fact that JMS, the
creator of B5, visited newsgroups and sometimes responded to posts and such.

Anyway, jump to the present--I have not, until relatively recently, done any
searching for sites pertaining to West Wing to see what fans might think of the
show.  After discovering such sites over the past few days, I'm glad I waited
this long.  Never in my life have I seen such a willful hatred by a fan base
towards a show--I mean, 'jumping the shark' fans don't even come close.
"Sorkin's show sux after season 4--don't even watch it!" is the kindest I can
put what these malcontents are saying about one of the best things to happen to
the telly in decades.

Look freaks, no one is twisting your arms to watch the show.  I happen to still
love watching it, and, even though Sorkin and others left, the West Wing is
still better than most anything else on television at this time.  Y'all just
might as well get a gun and shoot yourselves in the foot for all the 'support'
and 'encouragement' you give to the production staff of the West Wing.  You're
akin to a bunch of 5 year olds who aren't getting their way and are now throwing
a tantrum.  Get over yourselves.

Anyway, it was a great episode, and my surfing days for West Wing sites and
newsgroups are now, thankfully, at a close.

Dave K