 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13791
13790  |  13792
Subject:
I'm good to go...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:58:25 GMT

3 RC cars...

Thanks to John, I built the alternate model of the Radio Shack RCer.

And for those of you tuning into this now, I’m going to throw this tangent here (for I don’t want to start yet another tirade elsewhere)

I get home from work today, and in my mailbox was a padded envelope from TLC. In the envelope were the two plastic tires that were missing from the Radio SHack store demo. Accompanying the two tires was the following letter--

Dear Mr. Koudys,

Thank you for your phone call from 03/10/05 regarding the quality of LEGO (r) toys and products

We were sorry to learn of the difficulty you experienced woth your LEGO set. We understand how upsetting and disappointing it can be when a product does not live up to its reputation. Please accept our apologies for hte packaging error you encountered. Producing the highest quality LEGO products possible and establishing consumer trust in the LEGO brand name, are the most important goals of our Company. Certainly, whenever a packaging error does occur, we want to correct the situation as quickly as possible to restore your faith in our brand name and what it represents. Therefore, I have enclosed the item(s) you requested to copmplete your set.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvience tou have experienced. If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us

Sincerely,

(name withheld) LEGO Direct Consumer Services
  1. - -
  2. are mine--i didn’t proof read what I jsut typed)
Sure it’s a form letter, but the bigger points are--

a) they cared enough to actually do something, form letter or no b) I didn’t get charged at all for this.

Anyway, wanted to point that out--TLC may have some issues but it’s still a companyt that I have faith in, that I want to do business with on a regular basis.

Anyway, looking forward to the RC event.

Dave K