 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13714
Re: Hailfire attachment points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:17:15 GMT

   I need ideas of ways to attach “stuff” to those Hailfire droid wheels.

Lets just pretend i came up with an idea ALL by myself(1) to make an RC car based on this:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/mike.werner/BlogPics/MonoCycle.jpg

any tips on driving one of those wheels?

Chris

1 - some people with SAY it was there idea spawned from a dinner, but they will be wrong.

I have used the Hailfire wheel as a pivot point for a bridge. I locked down the Hailfire wheel to a base. I then attached a truss to a frame work between 2 Hailfire wheels.

Each Hailfire wheel has 6 gears that run on the inside toothed part of the Hailfire wheel. I then have 16 pulleys on the inside also but to the side of the inside toothed part of the Hailfire. The pulleys hold most of the weight of the bridge then the gears hold them in place.

I have a render of the frame work but I have been unable to find the Hailfire wheel in Ldraw.

Enjoy,

Mike Gallagher

Mikeslego

COLTC