 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13705
Re: Hailfire attachment points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 23:10:30 GMT

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote:

I need ideas of ways to attach "stuff" to those Hailfire droid wheels.
any tips on driving one of those wheels?

I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago, when I ordered 3 off of
BrickLink to build a model of the HUSS Topple Tower.

Here's what I came up with:

The seats are attached with 2x1 bricks pressed into the slot, then a 2x4
plate coming out from that.  All those 2x4 plates are hooked together with
hinges, so it makes it pretty strong.  I tried for a while to attach stuff
to the ribs of the tread, but it wasn't happening.

The drive I've got in there seems to be just about the perfect amount of
slop, but with not too much slop.  I think you can see it closer up in a few
of the photos.

    Iain