 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13689
Re: RC Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:05:34 GMT

I'm not the proud owner of a lego RC car.  Now I need to know what
batteries to get for it.

What rechargeable are people having the most luck with?  How long to
they typically last on a charge?

Derek

I'm really happy with the Energizer NiMH rechargeables - 2500mAh - 4 for $18 at
Home Depot.  I have 2 sets of 6, and I use them in my digital camera as well.
I use a normal recharger - 5 hours.

I'd estimate 30-60 minutes on a charge - depending on traction, weight of car,
how often you go full forward, then full reverse, etc.   I've usually gotten bored of driving BEFORE the batteries gave out.  Or, I came up with an improvement, which required a rebuild of the car :)

Derek, can you bring the instructions on friday?
DAve, I'll bring the instructions for the yellow car.
Rob A., I'll bring the "stuff" for you.

John