 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13685
Re: RC Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:12:18 GMT

Trevyn Watson wrote:
I like the Rayovac IC3 NiMH 15 minute rechargeables. NiMH batteries can
deliver a lot of current all at once, which I think makes up for the
fact that the voltage is lower than an alkaline (1.2 instead of 1.5).
They do cost a lot ($30 for 4 at Radio Shack), but they'll pay for
themselves eventually.

The main reason I like them is that they do recharge in 15 minutes.
They'll charge at a normal rate in any other charger, and normal NiMH
will charge at a normal rate in the 15 minute charger.

Cool! That's what I'm looking for.  Although charging in groups of 4 is
annoying.

Back when I was racing RC Cars I had 4 battery packs.  One for each heat
at a standard race day.  Back then we did all sorts of things to get the
batteries to last a little over 4 minutes and deliver the maximum amount
of power in the given time.

Also, they're Good For The Environment (TM).

Well I wouldn't call them good for the environment.  Just not as bad.

Derek