 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12898
Re: Automation Project Proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
If we approach GBC, it should probably be run parallel at a train show.  If only
for the fact that it's primarily a display, which a train show gets thousands of
people to view.

From our initial test, there is one thing I can tell you.  It doesn't really have to
be a "display".  We sat there and watched it run (on and off) for about 7 hours, and
we didn't get tired of watching it.

It's not like watching an event over and over, where you already know who's going to
win...

That all said, I personally am not really that interested in GBC.  I'd be
certainly more interested in a large scale, non adhoc project like Assembly than
GBC, mainly because it models a real world process and I think I'd have more to
learn from Iain, Rob and Wayne.

I suspect it's just like any other event.  It's hard to get excited, if you're not
interested.

It would still be interesting to see what some of you guys can come up with.  For
example, and arm that could pick up balls one at a time, and move them to the output
bin.  Well, I doubt it could move quick enough to keep up...

Oh, well.

Steve

Sounds to me almost as if Stevie boy is trying to lay down some smack in rtlT's
general direction.

At least, that's how I'm taking it...

;)

Dave K