 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1276
Re: R8 and soon R9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 23:38:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

A big Thank you to CALUM who did Much for this event.  I'd like to
hazard a guess and say that we're almost At the point where this is
becoming  second nature.   Calum, I really liked the FOH table.   the
ever playing video, and pamphlets worked well. (BTW FOH is Front of
House)

I agree, this was great for the newcomers!

I had A good time At R8.  I don't care what Ben says, I thought the idea
for my robot(s) was cool.    sure it only worked properly ONCE but hey,
that's robots.

I too had a great time! I wisely decided not to fix my stoopid sorting
mechanism, and ended up in second place! Bruce was very happy about that! About
your strategy, Chris and Steve, I thought it was amazing. I think it would have
worked if the ants were just a bit smarter. Just think about it, each of those
ants had the same computing power as Daves super deluxe block eater.... Anyway,
it was very original and inspiring.

I'd like to discuss the next robot game.

I'm not quite sure about the sequence of events but it started with the
"trainees"  splintering off to discuss stud width, or some such, and us
real men,  got down to business to chat about robots.   This is what I
feel is a good summary:

7 of us mostly agreed that we were SICK OF THOSE DAMN BLOCKS

Yes!! I agree!!

To that end we wanted a new game.  Generally this conversation goes
something like this:

Rob:  I want Stacking.

I said no such thing. I have gotten stacking out of my system.

Bruce:  Why do we have to have a game with the 8'  X  8'  play field??

I think I said that... Oh Whatever, all that matters is that the next game,
whosever idea it was is going to be really cool. I am really excited about
having to do zero programming. In my mind this next competition is a purely
mechanical challenge. Just what I like:)

Rob