 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1263
Re: R8 and soon R9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 01:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

was everyone pleased with the room size???  Should we continue to rent
all 3 rooms.   for those who remember the last robot games, we just had
1 room.

I'll probably ask for all three for train2, but I think for r9, two might be
adequate.  I was pleased with the actual location, very much so.

A big Thank you to CALUM who did Much for this event.  I'd like to
hazard a guess and say that we're almost At the point where this is
becoming  second nature.   Calum, I really liked the FOH table.   the
ever playing video, and pamphlets worked well. (BTW FOH is Front of
House)

Hey, Iain did the video, I just brought the PC.  BTW, I love FOH stuff, so
its no problem for me.

I had A good time At R8.  I don't care what Ben says, I thought the idea
for my robot(s) was cool.    sure it only worked properly ONCE but hey,
that's robots.

I think it was cool.  It was nice to see thinking out of the box!  (even if
the idea of swarming WAS MINE FROM THE VERY START! :)

AFTER the robot game about 10 or more hard-core robotieres went to Mel's
and had our usual POST MORTUM.    This quickly became a tradition

I notice how the train folks weren't counted in that tally :)

I'm not quite sure about the sequence of events but it started with the
"trainees"  splintering off to discuss stud width, or some such, and us
real men,  got down to business to chat about robots.   This is what I
feel is a good summary:

Actually, we were discussing layouts and stuff for the REAL EVENT OF THE
SUMMER, rtlToronto/train2, coming August.

Bruce:   (in a whiny voice)   I want a game where we don't have to build
a A C steering skid robot.

Isn't that the voice of Rob? :)

Dave:  I don't really care, whatever you choose is fine with me.

Dave, (to himself): Because secretly, I'm a Train guy now!

Dave:  I'd go for the drag race

(because it reminds me of trains!)

Chris:  HOW about a drag race where the WALL is the finish line.  Think
of the carnage!
Chris: Hey Bruce, where was your robot..... Mr. "my RCX is broken" :(

Well, drag racing would be an ideal way to break another RCX :)

Bruce:  (punches Chris)

Yeah, even I built something.

Bruce:  Why do we have to have a game with the 8'  X  8'  play field??
Chris:  DUH, cause we own it. (shakes head)

BTW, seriously, DO NOT break apart the field if you can keep it around at
all possible.

Shane:  How about some kind of monkey bar game??
Shane:  I don't know,  something like a kids playground thing.

Leave it to Shane, the outsider, to figure it all out.

Bruce:  Chris, that's a GREAT idea, your so smart.
Ok, this was more or less how it happened.  All the names were changed

Why do I think that wasn't exactly the way it came to be? :)

to protect the innocent.    I'll do a more formal post of what the exact
game will be, but don't expect it to change much from what was just
typed.

Could you mail it to me when you're done for posting?

Calum