 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12493
  Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

(...) *Real* cooks (as opposed to gunning-cooks, is that anything like Pastry Sergeants? ) use an aluminium ring that covers just the pie edge, especially made for this very application. It has the advantage of being reusable, and thus more (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

(...) Larry! Where ya been! We have this great thread and now you finally chime up??? When we talk pies??? For the record, I dislike pumpkin pie as well. But I love Rhubarb Pie! Mmmmmmm.... Rhubarb Pie Dave K -I love Rhubarb! (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

My wife uses tapioca as a filling instead of starch. And she makes me roll out the pie dough. She uses the refrigerated flour, water, and chucky butter method for scratch pastry. And whenever I roll out the pies, I sing to my self... "I'm a roller, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

(...) Yes Lar, I own one, but I was trying to go nice and slow for Calum since he is just starting out. One step at a time, ya know, no need to come in with the big guns when the BB gun is enough. (...) MMMmmmmmmm pie day 22/7 Janey "Red Brick" (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

(...) Mine claims to be a "Pie Crust Shield" (which did conjure up a strange mental image of two knights jousting, each carrying a pie in place of a target...) like the ones in this froogle search: (URL) especially with Christmas coming up...:) A (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

(...) Ever since I discovered a recipe for chocolate-chip pumpkin cheesecake we no longer have pumpkin pie in our house :) -Rob A> (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <snip> (...) At this time I'd like to point out that 'the new girl', a.k.a. Smurfette, started one of the most replied to threads in a while. Yeah, I think we should keep her. That is, in my (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thanks rtl(rlt, wink)Toronto

(...) April Wine? now there's a band I haven't even heard mentioned for ages. (an old April Wine fan who now feels a bit stuffed) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)